Saturday, January 10, 2009

Casablanca

After reading the section, "Becoming A Receptive Viewer", I realized how much it related to me. I had come to the previous conclusion that I was not a fan of black and white films, let alone that it was from the 1940s. I figured the acting would be poor and there would be a lack of quality. Casablanca definitely opened my eyes to film watching and that I should void out all the technological differences from back then to now. My misconception was that I thought Casablanca was more of a film about war. When it turned out to be a love story I was intrigued and it kept me interested and I wanted to know the outcome of the love triangle that was thrown at me. Casablanca was a good film and I would be interested in watching it again. Another section from the reading in the text,"Preparing to see a film" was interesting and I wish I had read this before viewing Casablanca. It says reading reviews before watching a movie can give you good information and insight about important elements that are significant or are worthy of attention. This is definitely something that I will consider in the future. After seeing Casablanca I am going to be more open-minded about older classics and would consider seeing others that were popular years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment